Well, I’ve got some answers. Since I get asked very similar questions by most women I decided to post some answers here. Although some of these Q&A’s are in my brochure I’ve added a few more here. If you’re considering having Boudoir portraits created, I know you will find this helpful. : )
1. I’ve had kids and I’ve got the stretch marks to prove it so I’m worried my pictures won’t be any good. Do you retouch/airbrush the photos? Yes. Each portrait that is made available to you will be retouched and edited. However, it’s important to me that you always look like yourself. So while I do remove blemishes (tattoos and scars if asked), soften skin, and lighten any bags under your eyes and whitening if necessary, I try to still leave a very natural feel to your image. I also never “alter” someone’s body. A minor tweak here and there if clothing is making an odd bulge because of a particular position you may be in or maybe a small bump up in cup size when asked.
2. I’m not in my 20’s anymore; do you think I’m too old for a boudoir session? NO, I photograph women of ALL shapes, ALL sizes and YES ALL ages (19 – 60 so Far). Boudoir is truly for everyone. Every woman’s body is unique and beautiful in its own way and when you visit my studio, you’ll begin to feel like the beautiful woman you truly are. I understand how to pose women for these special images as well as the use of lighting and proper angles to achieve the most flattering image of you. I am extremely confident in my photography and that is why I can honestly tell you that I have never had a client dislike her photos. ALL of my clients absolutely LOVE their photos and I am confident that you will too.
3. I’m so nervous and have no idea how to be “sexy.” How will I know how to pose? First, every woman walks in nervous, BUT they always walk out feeling confident and beautiful! Second, as silly as it sounds and may fell, look at yourself in the mirror (with or without clothes); spin, pose, feel like a teenager again. Just get a feel for how you look. Go on, give it a try! Once you’re in front of the camera I will guide you every step of the way. I won’t expect you to know exactly how to pose and position yourself, that’s my job. I will tell you exactly what to do, where to look, where to place your body and what type of expression to give the camera. You will never be left wondering what to do and I promise that you will have FUN.
4. What should I wear? Have options; get together outfits or lingerie items that you know he will like. But don’t feel like it has to be all about lacey thongs, bras and boas. A simple tank top and jeans or boy shorts and an oversized shirt of his can be just as hot. While lingerie is a consistent favorite, try to prepare outfits in different colors and styles to add variety to your portraits. And don’t forget that little black dress if you have one! I suggest packing your different outfits in separate bags or on separate hangers so that when you go to change you won’t be searching for items that you want with that outfit.
5. Where do you take the portraits? A boudoir session won’t work just anywhere. We need good lighting, simple decor, easy-to-move furniture and interesting surroundings. This is why most of my boudoir sessions take place in my studio. However, if you are feeling daring, we can go OUTDOORS in fields, old barns and lakes. Let me know if you have any ideas that you want to try. It’s truly a dream come true to have my studio be a place for women to come and feel beautiful!
6. Do you include makeup/hair session? Yes! Just bring your own Lipstick and Eyeliner for hygienic reasons. Our hair/makeup stylists are AMAZING. We have made it a priority to work with only the best, experienced and trained stylists & makeup artists in the tri-state area. With this experience, they have also mastered working on women of different ethnicities, skin and hair types. Our stylist, are super knowledgeable on what looks best in pictures and will take their time to make you look and feel sexier than you ever have before. She may have even had her own boudoir session with me!
7. Who will see my images? I photograph all sessions and edit boudoir images myself. Only other perspective female clients will ever view any images taken during your session. I will never post any identifiable images to the web without your permission. However I may beg and plead with my clients to allow me to post an outstanding photo so that I can show my ever-growing portfolio of boudoir sessions. Your images are 100% safe with me. We treat our client’s privacy with the utmost respect and safety.
8. How naked do I have to get? While Boudoir Photography is usually taken wearing lingerie, bras/panties or other alluring outfits, the question actually is…How naked do you WANT to get? I’m all for nudity & we will go down to whatever you feel comfortable with, so your session can take many forms depending on your level of comfort & personality. Boudoir portraits can also be taken as implied nudes, which are most common. These are where you’re nude or “appear nude,” but nothing is showing. For example, A sheet covering you lying in a bed, images from the back and prop or body placement over the important parts! I can even erase small straps and G-strings to make you appear as though you were nude when we took them. Remember, the illusion of being nude is often more provocative than actually baring it all.
9. How will my images be different than my friend’s? I am constantly looking for ways to improve my studio. I spend a LOT of time and a lot of money investing into new backgrounds, props, etc. to make sure my studio stays fresh and creative. With the number of clients I have it’s vital that I always find new items/props to ensure that my clients have the best opportunity for fun, unique portraits. In turn, this helps all of my clients to have different looking images, and even tempt them to come back for another session.
10. What kind of products can I choose from? Anything from PRINTS to ALBUMS to CALENDARS to a VIEW FINDER and much MORE. All of my products are made with the highest quality printers and album binding companies in the industry. I take great pride in my personalized album designs, they are very personal and the images will look amazing on each turn of the page. If you have any questions about the products I offer, I have a sample of each product here in the studio so that you can see, touch, and get a feel for what they will look like.
If you have any question that wasn’t answered here please let me know be emailing me at: Debi@debiwolfepix.com